So far, by God's grace

Thursday, October 22, 2009

So here's what happened....

OK... I missed the 'Not me Monday' this week... And I'm terrible....I know. Don't remind me...

Anyway, here's a recap of my disastrous last week.

It all started on Monday morning....I woke up, hating the fact that the weekend was over, showered, dressed, kissed Paunch and baby goodbye and set of on my trusty scooter (motorcycle) to catch the van I ride to work. I left home at 6:30 and at 6:35 I met with an accident. I crashed my scooter straight into a parked tempo truck and ran over a man's foot in the process. No injuries to me... just bruises... my arms and legs have blue and purple patches!!! The cops came. They were decent (probably because I was crying by then). An FIR was filed. My bike and license were confiscated. (both were returned to me later) I am now a criminal!!
Monday night: I am still recovering from the accident. My body aches in places I never knew I had muscles....like behind me ear for instance!!! I always thought it was just skin and cartilage!!! Then at around 10pm, my chakakuru begins vomiting. She vomits through the night and Paunch and I haven't slept a wink and we're scared. I call my mom several times in between.... finally at 4am we go to the pediatric hospital. She is given painful intravenous shots. I am not allowed inside. I can hear her scream.... I am sobbing into Paunch's shoulders....I cannot carry my sick baby because my arms hurt too much from the accident. finally at 8am, we get back home.

Wednesday: I can walk. Baby is much better so I go to work. Back at home, FIL has an eye surgery. I miss my baby like mad. I cant wait to get home....

Wednesday Night: Paunch's brother comes back home from work vomiting.... then Paunch starts vomiting... then his grandmother.... then his mom(my MIL).... the whole family is down with a nasty food poisoning....the only ones spared are me (god's grace) and my FIL who's recovering from eye surgery!!!

Thursday: One more day's leave from work....I am tending to all the sick people, and I'm sick of it. I'm almost on the verge of breaking down and asking my parents to come and get me!!!!

Friday: I wake up in the morning, dreading another calamity.But there's none. Paunch and his brother are feeling better.... better enough that they travel to Goa for their "boys only" trip along with Mac and a few others.

Saturday: Aah.... finally the weekend is here.... and whats more, I'm going to my parents place with the lil one.... life is only going to get better after this!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. You weren't kidding about it being a difficult week! I'm glad everyone is feeling better. I'm so sorry you were in an accident. I'd cry too and to hear your baby cry. Oh, that makes me want to cry as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear abt all that u went thru this week. hope u have a good weekend with ur parents and lil one...hope Nanma is back to her normal self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a tough week to handle after all that you went thro'.hearing the baby scream and not being able to be near her, is the biggest trauma.((Hugs))
    Have a wonderful stay at your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you had a really tough week! Not being able to help the lil one when she was screaming must have been the most traumatic. I remember undergoing similar pain when Adiv my son was diagnosed with jaundice soon after he was born. He had to have these blood tests every day, and he'd scream and cry. I'd hold his hand and cry every single time. These days i'm crying coz he is not yet happy in school!
    Gosh, motherhood is tough:)

    ReplyDelete