So far, by God's grace

Monday, May 2, 2011

After the Royal Wedding.

I watched a part of the Royal Wedding vis Youtube's free live streaming from the Royal channel.

It was beautiful. Kate looked lovely. Both the princes looked handsome and a little nervous. The hats looked ridiculous as always. Westminster Abbey looked lovely and I thought the small trees placed inside for decoration were a brilliant idea.

However, what struck me most was that once the minister started speaking, it was like any other Christian wedding. I loved listening to the Bible passage they had chosen to be read aloud. It was from Romans 12. Kate's brother did a wonderful job of delivering it.

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

He read some more, but I thought I should present just this part, as I do hope, and will be praying that that stand by these words.

One of my single friends posted this as her status on facebook - "A fairytale wedding lasts a day. A fairytale marriage lasts a lifetime. I'd rather have the latter"

Truer words were never spoken!

No comments:

Post a Comment