So far, by God's grace

Friday, August 22, 2008

Another C.S Lewis Quote

I don't know whats with me.... two posts in a day!!!! And to think I put up the previous one in the half hour I have before I begin my day's classes!!!

Anyway, am at the end of my work day, at the end of a busy week. I'm done with my planning for the next week and so here I am.... blogging again! i was browsing through some of the blogs
I frequently read and came acorss one that had this C.S.Lewis quote. I must confess that apart from the Narnia series, I have not read any other of C.S.Lewis' books. But I have to admit that he is a brilliant, God inspired, insightful writer. Here's what caught my eye.

Please do let me know what you think!


"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace! He intends to come in and live in it Himself."

-C. S. Lewis


I was thinking.... How do I get him to build me this mansion? The answer is surprisingly simple.... I just have to hand over the blueprint I'd made, and allow him to make the necessary changes!

Wow! Mindblowing!

5 comments:

  1. Well that is something to think about.

    Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely quote. And I like the human-doing post as well. I'm so glad you are writing and thinking positively, as a happy and positive mind is the best spiritual start you can gift to the little being doing its somersaults inside you. Keep smiling and stay upbeat! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Thank you sister. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete