So far, by God's grace

Sunday, March 8, 2015

sad

It is sad reality that I live in a country where in some states, it is safer to be a cow than a woman. If you are found buying, selling or possessing beef, you can be sentenced to 5 years in prison!!  What??

It is a sad reality that many (not all) Indian men believe that there is no place for women in our country and that rape is inevitable if a woman chooses to walk outside after dark or in the company of a man who is not her father, brother or husband.

It is a sad reality that sharing my faith with my friends would be considered attempts at "forced conversion" by some in power. Mother Teresa was accused of "conversion"!!

It is a sad reality that "image" matters more than truth in my country.

"What will people say?" 

sigh! 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Deepa,
    I've been following your blog for the last 2 to 3 years (or even more) and I'm so encouraged! Stories from your life, the life of your family esp your Ammachi have been sunshine to many of my dark days. Would like to encourage you to keep writing. Remembered Nanma on March 19th and remembering you in prayers as I read about your recent struggles.

    ReplyDelete