So far, by God's grace

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

It is well

Have you ever been in a situation where you have been praying for something for years and you don't see an answer even in the farthest horizon?

That's me ! There are so many things I have been praying for, for a long time now. I'm not talking only about my dream for a 2nd child. These prayers are valid, in line with scripture, and if God were a machine, I would be sure to have my positive answers years ago.

But that's not who God is. He is infinitely creative, all knowing and all powerful. His thoughts are way higher than mine. He has creative problem solving skills that exceed mine ten thousand times!

This week, in my quiet times, God has been reminding me of promises he has made to me in the past. It's been wonderful. There I'd be, after a sort of sleepless night, wondering what went wrong, allowing Satan's lies to cloud my trust and let fear and worry creep in.  And then WHAM ! the Bible verses I'd read would pierce my heart and chase away those clouds !

I read this today and what comfort it brought!

Habakkuk 3:17 -19
Though the fig tree does not bud
     and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
     and the fields produce no food, 
though there are no sheep in the pen, 
    and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
     I will be joyful in God my saviour. 
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
     he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, 
     he enables me to tread on the heights. 


I may not see answers to prayers I pray anywhere in sight. But I can still be joyful, knowing and trusting my maker ! I also heard this song for the first time today.  The problems in front of us might seem like mountains, but those mountains will be cast to the sea by God's power. The winds and the waves still know His name !! We can truly say " It is well "

listen and read the powerful lyrics as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment