So far, by God's grace

Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Family


Its that time of the year again when I teach the unit on FAMILIES to my 2nd grade ESL group. I've always enjoyed this unit because this is one that gets the kids talking more than all the others. And the more talking in English they do, the faster they learn the language. We talk about big families, small families, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, bullying siblings and pampering grandparents.


For the past two years, I've had the smallest family in my little class. My kids all had at least 3 members in their family while I had only 2 - My husband and I. But this year, its all different!! I now have a family just like all of them!!! WE are THREE!!! yay!!! I proudly display a picture of my family for show and tell!! The only difference is that I am not the child of the family but the mother!!


Now that I've typed all this down, I'm beginning to worry that I sound like a 2nd grader myself!!! But then ... thats me, you know!! In many ways, I'm still a child! It can get embarrassing for Paunch and my friends at times (and me, when I look back at things I've done) but I think they love me regardless!

2 comments:

  1. That pic is so radiant :) I will reply soon, Deepa. And thanks a ton for that email. Made a difference.

    ReplyDelete